I got to see one of these bad ass lil' Thunderhawk wannabe's at the game shop a while ago. I really liked its functionality but I wasn't crazy about the model or its price (I'm cheep what can I say) As with my original Two Scratch builds they where made purely out of a need for the models and the lack of funding to buy forge world crack. Its no different with this model, the actual model is called a Stormraven which is used by the Blood angels chapter. Having been into 40k and its universe for a while now I found a few things to be some what of a miss with this model. It never existed until POOF! there it was in a box on the shelf. Perhaps it was noted in a book some where and was created from that notation. In any event, the Imperium is in the technological dark ages; Think of it as, no body knows how the things they have are built save for the machine cult of Mars, yes Mars. You know the GPS voice? Yeah... that's practically godly.
ANY WHO! Knowing that they dont usually come up with anything new (eyes the pic of the jet) the tail section is all wrong. I decided that when I build mine it will have a distinctly Thunderhawk feel too it, the turret is especially alien looking to me, almost Eldar like so that's getting an imperial style ugly-fication.(im just gonna stick a rhino turret on it because seriously that's what they do) Now that you know the method behind my madness I will leave this post with two pics of my previously finished models. Next post will start the build for what I call The ThunderRaven.



No comments:
Post a Comment