Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Scratch build: ThunderRaven #2

 Alrighty! So the next few posts will go over the building process, which mind you I have done twice before with my Thunderhawk Gunship and Transporter, so this lil' bugger is a snap.

Construction sped along quite nicely for this, but it did pose a few challenges, I would be modifying the front section of my hand made Thunderhawk patter, the shape of which you can see on the table in this pic, along with the other basic elements of the model, tail, wings and so on.


 Look mom I'm using the clamps I got for Christmas (yes i ask for tools instead of shoes or jewelry) Alot in the forums have asked me how heavy this model is, as you can see in this picture, the interior of the model's hull is hallow.
The wood is If I can remember correctly 1/4 birch I got it from Lowes home improvement store (aka hardcore craft store)



Both sides where attached within a day, the glue I use is Gorilla glue, its a bit tricky to work with because it expands like foam-o-fill; you can even see it in the edges of all pics in this post. It comes off with a hobby knife easy enough and sanding takes care of the rest. Sand sand sand...

No comments:

Post a Comment